Thursday, October 28, 2010

'Rusted Alchemy' on view at Wine Expo 10-28-10 to 11-28-10

A new day and a new venue in which to view my art. Yesterday 'Rusted Alchemy' came
to the Wine Expo. A new wine bar and tasting room in Santa Monica. Wine Expo is located at 2933 Santa
Monica Blvd at the corner of Stanford and Santa Monica. The tasting room/ wine bar is open at 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Monday - Saturday and Sundays from 5:oopm - 9:00pm. So now that you know where to go let me tell you about my art process.

Rust printing deconstructed fiber,it takes air, heat, moisture and time to transfer color from oxidizing metal to fabric. The amount of different colors and shades of rust both amazes and intrigues me.
As the metal prints on fiber thru the oxidizing process it also breaks down into dust and small particles By breaking the metal down I feel like an alchemist transmuting a disintegrating substance, reintegrating it into the earth and creating a work of beauty in the process. During this journey into conscious creation I have begun to integrate more recycled materials into my work and look forward to expanding in new ways.
I trust and am moved by the unseen forces of energy and connection running thru all of us. My art is part of my meditation, a process of creating as I feel.


1 comment:

  1. this is a great opportunity to see some of Maureen's latest, beautiful works of art and enjoy a glass of good wine!

    ReplyDelete