Sunday, January 24, 2010

Transformation


A butterfly is such a wonderful example of death and transformation. In it's short life it moves from egg, to larvae (or caterpillar) which all takes an average of 4 days. As a caterpillar it will eat steadily to store energy in the form of fat and nutrients. Once it has enough stored up, it will go to work on the next stage which is becoming a chrysalis.To do this the caterpillar creates it's own magical transforming chamber, a cocoon, in about two weeks a beautiful, colorful butterfly emerges from that cocoon.
The life span of a butterfly is not long , a matter of weeks but what an amazing life of continuous change. I am wanting to become the butterfly, creating my own cocoon to feed my artful spirit, storing up nutrients thru meditation, movement and self love, and allowing myself to emerge into new beauty as I feel it.

2 comments: